Classroom Observation Process
Individuals are eligible to complete classroom observations in Duncanville ISD if:
- Currently enrolled in a teacher degree program at a four-year college or university.
- Currently seeking certification through an Alternative Certification Program.
Eligible Candidates will:
- Complete and submit #1. Classroom Observation Request
- Complete and submit #2. Consent to Perform Background Check
- Submit #3. The page of your Class Syllabus showing the amount of required classroom observation hours. (An acceptance letter into an Alternative Certification Program will also be sufficient.)
Submit all three (3) required documents at the same time to Debra Graves by scanning and emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheduling of Classroom Observations
- Classroom observations will not be permitted during the first three (3) weeks of each semester.
- Fall semester requests must be received on or before Oct. 15th
- Spring semester requests must be received on or before February 12th
- All requests for classroom observations are subject to space and availability
- At any point during the school year, we reserve the right to deny classroom observers based on the number of requests received and District calendar of events
- Duncanville ISD does not offer summer classroom observations
Human Resources Department will:
- Notify the Applicant the request is approved through submission of an Observation Passport
- Observer is responsible for communicating with the campus within 3 business days to schedule his/her classroom observations.
- Observer is responsible for informing the campus of any necessary scheduling changes.
- Observer is required to bring Observation Passport and valid identification to observation assignment
- Failure to do so may result in dismissal from observation opportunities